Recently I have been trying some pretty cool and easy vegan recipes that can be cooked in a mug in the microwave within the matter of minutes. So, whether you’ve had a long day at work, are in the middle of a Netflix binge or just fancy something fun, here are two recipes that you may enjoy.
- 50g dried pasta
- 125ml cold water
- 3 tablespoons soya milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 40g soya based cheese
- Place the dried pasta and water into a mug.
- Microwave the mug of pasta and cold water on full power for 6 minutes. Check and stir every minute or so to avoid leakage.
- Remove the mug of cooked pasta from the microwave.
- Add the cheese, butter and milk to the mug.
- Place the mug in the microwave for a further minute.
- Stir and enjoy
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons flour.
- 1.5 tablespoon sugar.
- 1.5 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- 4 tablespoons soy milk.
- 1/3 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cup/mug and stir well to make a chocolatey cake mixture.
- Put the mug of cake mixture into the microwave and cook on full power for 90 seconds.
- Remove the mug cake from the microwave and allow to cool for 1 minute before handling.
- Enjoy straight from the mug or remove the cake from the mug and place it on a plate.