One of my aims for Mindful Hippy’s Kitchen is to share quick, easy and healthy vegan recipes. Let’s face it, not everyone has the time or skills to spend 2 hours cooking a meal each evening.
The Burrito Bowl is not a new idea but it’s one of my go-to recipes when I need a nutritious meal in a hurry. There are many ways that you can veganise and present a burrito bowl but here is my recipe:
You will need:
- White rice (enough to create a bed of rice in your bowl.)
- Kidney beans in chilli sauce (half a tin)
- Soya protein mince (one handful)
- Guacamole (2 tbsp)
- Salad (for decoration)
- Boil the rice in water for 13 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the beans and add the soya protein mince.
- When the rice is cooked, drain in and create a bed of rice in the bottom of the bowl.
- When the beans/mince mixture is heated, place on top of the rice (keep centred if you like ascetically pleasing meals).
- Dollop the guacamole on top of the beans/mince mixture.
- Decorate with salad (optional)